Sunday, April 12, 2009


Just a little peek at a matching pair of ACEOs (art cards editions and originals) that I've just finished up recently.

I am sort of aiming towards making a set for the game concentration, or the memory card game. I think that it is a fabulous idea to be playing with actual miniature pieces of art, of course this means that I have to do doubles of each little piece created so that it can be put to play. Sure I could just do prints and then have doubles really easily, but then each little piece wouldn't be its own original. I don't think that I can explain my special sort of insanity but I am hoping that there is someone out there who understands.

I have another design in the works that is a cute duck-girl with an umbrella but for some reason I am not so eager to go forward with it. I think that I will just leave that idea to stew for a little while longer and go onto other things, maybe when I return to the concept I'll be able to pull it off in a way that I like better.

Another thing that I have to consider is how to make all the backs the same so that there is no cheating. The markers that I use actualy soak through the cardstock sometimes which makes it all to clear what card I am looking at. I am considering just designing a back for them digitally, printing the backs and laminating the two together. I'll see how that idea goes too, I wouldn't want the lamination to make the cards larger than the standard size though. Another thing I might try that would be pretty simple is to just use the backs of playing cards and slide the two of them into those litter individual card protectors that you can find a comicbook shops. I think this may actually be a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment